Saturday, May 31, 2014

3-Month Update

Take my picture, I'll even try to smile for you!
3 months in and we have less than 3 weeks until we fly back to the Pacific NW to give birth!  We have become more social lately, hosting and attending BBQs.  Although N hasn’t had much experience playing with other kids, I’m always impressed how great he does.  He does try to take toys now and again, but he is pretty chill and doesn’t seem to mind too much when other kids take his toys or push him around.  I guess he got dad’s genes when it comes to keeping his cool and going with the flow...I, his mom, doesn’t have quite the patience of the men in my life.  


It is so much fun to literally hang-out in the Ikea bag!

Daddy carries me all over the house!

Pictures, mommy gave me her old camera

Say cheese!



More picture taking!


Daddy and mommy being admonished after admonishing him.  Don't pluck the petals off the flowers!

N had been doing well maneuvering Honduras (after our initial 2-3 weeks of bruises) and his new toddler bed until this week.  First he fell off a dining room chair, then was flopping over in bed (while sleeping) and bruised the bridge of his nose, next he wasn’t paying attention to his walking and fell down the stairs and got a bloody nose and finally he was wrastling with a little boy from next door and they lost control of the toy and cut his lip.  He is still the same cheerful, playful little guy he always is, but looks like he joined a fight club!  


I just keep getting more and more pregnant, people seem quite amazed that I still have 9 weeks left...I guess I’m pretty big!  S has applied to an embassy job, so we are hoping to hear good news, there aren’t too many jobs that don’t require fluent Spanish.  It really makes it difficult for spouses to work when the language requirements are so high.  Most of the jobs, IMHO do not require as much Spanish as the supervisors want, but I guess it is handy to have someone who can communicate on the local market in case it is needed.  Even if he is selected, he’ll have to wait many moons for his security clearance to come through and I can’t imagine it being completed before we are ready to come back after maternity leave.  S and I have hired extra help for the newborn and N for the fall.  We just need to decide if we want to put him in daycare/school for half-days in the fall.  He is a little young, but he loves playing and other kids so much...what to do?

Cleaning with my new hair cut!

I guess it only makes sense that most of what I talk about is N because he is the most interesting of us all, so more on N.  CLEANING!  N loves cleaning, he likes to mop, dust, use a wet rag to clean everything, he LOVES vacuuming and especially spraying cleaning sprays.  I feel bad for our domestic employee because he tries to “help” a little too much while she is working, but she takes it in stride and lets him help mop after she is done.  Maybe when he is a bit more coordinated, he’ll be an actual help!  I’m excited to have a little helper after the new baby is here.  S wasn’t too much of a fan of getting me a glass of water every time I’d forget and then start nursing, N on the other hand will be thrilled to fill a glass with water and walk it to me! 


Can you see my banged up face? 

No comments:

Post a Comment