Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tyler Place Day 2

Checking in partway through our first full day at the family camp.  M and N spent yesterday evening and this morning in their groups. N had a great time for both sessions and ate well. He went to a bookmobile and played with goopy stuff. He was playing with a sit-on backhoe when I picked him up and he didn't want to leave. Jury is still out if he has made any friends, but we've met a few of his peers' parents. He loves the train table and the endless number of play structures sprinkled about the property! 

M didn't have quite as much fun. Everyone says she does great until she decides she is done having fun and done eating dinner. Last night around 7:45, I got tapped on the shoulder because M was hysterical and the babysitter (fantastic with 11 years of experience) couldn't get her to calm down. She was worried that she was making herself sick. She was only scheduled until 8:30, so it wasn't too bad. This morning I swung by to nurse her around 10 (the program runs 8:30-1:30 so I have to nurse her at least once) and she was really upset. :( I nursed her to sleep, but couldn't put her down. After I passed her back to the ladies, she fell asleep for an hour plus and then ate a great lunch! At 12:45, I figured I'd grab her early and it was a good thing I did, she was just starting to get hysterical again. Hopefully M will get used to it so I can worry less. 

On the parent front S and I enjoyed a free cocktail and dinner with some new friends yesterday evening. We were exhausted so we skipped the magician. We were ready to go to bed before N, who was wired from all the fun he had. This morning we leisurely got ready and dropped the kiddos off. We had a fantastic breakfast, recieved our bikes with kids seats and played dodge ball, blob tag and tug-of-war with a bunch of other adults. It was a lot of fun, more running than I've done in a while! 

This evening and afternoon might include swimming, rock climbing, inflatable water slide, bike rides and definitely another adult evening without kids! :)  Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment