Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stuck in the "List" Phase

The March Foreign Service class (the one immediately preceding mine), just got their onward assignments last Friday. The two people I know in the class are going to Togo and India. This means that we are next! In 1 month and 4 days, I will begin my first day of orientation. Almost exactly a month after that, we will learn where we are going next.
I have been inventorying our household goods (HHE) trying to get a fairly complete list of all the things we will store. This will help with any insurance claims and also because it could be over a year until we see the stuff again. It’ll be nice to know what is in there. My dad tells me it’ll feel like Christmas when we finally open the boxes again!
I can already feel the toll both moving and the baby are having on my nerves. (In case you don’t know me that well, I tend to be a worrier. I worry when I should be sleeping.) Last night, the baby was moving away around 9:30 pm, prime falling asleep time. I was so excited because I could feel it from the outside and stayed awake so that S could feel it too. (I have the unfair advantage of feeling it move inside me.) Lo and behold, it went back to sleep before S’s hand made it to my belly. But for far too long after that, I stayed awake waiting for it to wake back up so S could feel it too.
To end this post, I will note that being a list maker has helped for both of these transitions. My life has been taken over by various types of lists, “to do,” “registries,” “inventories,” etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment